Monday, August 30, 2010

Beer #8, Tree #3

Hi All!
On the menu for today is Tree Brewing Co's "Thirsty Beaver" Amber Ale, ABV 5.0%.



Appearance: Since it's an amber ale, this ale is amber coloured! Having compared this brew to some real amber, I'd say it's spot on.


Aroma: A little toasty, and it smells a little bit sweet too. I assume that would be the malt.


Initial Taste/mouth feel: A very smooth ale, with a bit of fizz to keep things interesting. along with the light carbonation it's also mildly sweet on the tongue to begin with.

After Taste: This ale has a nice clear bitter finish. Not much else to say really, pretty straightforward!


Thoughts/Conclusions: Is it possible for things to be bitter and sweet at the same time? I suppose semi-sweet chocolate falls into that category. Another one I'd stick in there would be a Thirsty Beaver, though maybe it isn't quite as obvious ans the aforementioned chocolate (and in no way does this ale taste like chocolate, don't let this confuse you). What I like about this brew is that although it's flavours aren't complex or numerous, it's still a great session beer because it's both slightly sweet on the intake and mildly bitter yet fairly full bodied on the finish. Nice one, Tree ;)



That's all for now, next week will be my 4th and final Tree brew (at least for a while). Since I am actively searching for my absolute favourite brews and beers, Once I have found one I would like to signify it by awarding that particular brew some type of symbol. Have any of you got some ideas about what I could use? If you do, please comment and let me know. Also, this will not be a rating system. Just a way to let everyone know I love said beer in a special way.

thanks for reading!

- The Parched Paige

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, a symbol you say? This means that some graphic design work is in order!

    I'm thinking perhaps a cartoon beer glass with sunglasses surrounded by some busy word art written in Comic Sans saying something like "Parch-proof!"

    ReplyDelete